Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunshine Please

One of the local weather stations said that the sun has only been visible 14 days since January 1st.  Is it wrong to pray for the sun to come out?  I don't even care if it is only 30 degrees at least the sun would be out!

The gray and gloom of winter has taken over and not just in the physical and literal aspect.  It affects your mood and your spirit.  I have heard a lot of people commenting on how they have these 'winter blues'. 

Well, they have officially hit this lady!  I try to make the best of it.  I try to smile even when I want to frown and scream.  I get up, get dressed, and go to work when I would really like to curl back up in bed and sleep till the temperatures hit 50.  I wave and smile at the person driving like a maniac in the snow that just about runs into the side of me rather than doing what I really want to do and lift up a certain finger and road rage takes over. 

If I am feeling this way I cannot imagine what this weather does to those suffering from depression.  I hope they are seeking some peace in therapy, loved ones, or God's word.  I know that is where I go when it seems all things and people seem against me...I go to God. 

My pastor said this morning that his daughter prayed for snow before bed last night and we have received over 7 inches of the white stuff.  He said he was going to talk to her about praying for 70 degree weather and sun.  I pray that God listens to that prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment