Friday, February 26, 2010

7 Quick Take Fridays

                                                                   1.
I have never been so glad to see the sunshine!  I don't care if it is only 30 degrees outside.  At least the sun is shining and it makes the day better!

                                                                   2.
It was exactly one year ago today that Craig was laid off from his job that he had for over 5 years.  It has been a rough year and somehow continues to send us through trials.  We have been blessed that God has provided other jobs for Craig since then.  However, he is having difficulty settling in.  So now we pray that God's plan will continue to see us through and that maybe we can stop waking up each morning wondering, "Do I have a job today?"

                                                                   3.
My son was invited to play on a traveling baseball team.  He went to 'try-out' and they asked us to become part of the team.  He is SUPER excited about this opportunity.  We took some time to talk about it and discuss all the pros and cons.  Trust me there are the cons....money being the biggest one!  This is something that Dalton has wanted to do for sometime now.  It was ultimately his decision so we will see how he enjoys playing this year. 
                                                                   4.
Megan has decided to try her feet at soccer this year.  She said that she didn't want to play softball/t-ball and wanted to do soccer.  So I officially signed her up for that yesterday.  Although the other evening Dalton and I were talking to her about it and Dalton said, "Megan you do realize that you can only use your feet when you play soccer?"  She said, "Yes."  I said, "Megan, you do realize that you have to run the whole time that you are playing soccer?"  She says, "Maybe I don't want to play soccer afterall"  Yes, she is my child!  She is still excited and I can't wait to see if this ends up being her sport!

                                                                    5.
My schedule officially starts getting busy and complicated now that spring is on its way (well hopefully its on its way).  Between soccer practice, baseball practice, soccer games, baseball games, working evenings, oh yeah and Craig plays softball as well we might as well shut off all utilities in the house from April through July.  Maybe we could pay for some of Dalton's baseball expenses that way ;-)

                                                                     6.
I slept 6 straight hours last night without waking up!  I know, that may not impress any of you, but trust me this a new record for me!

                                                                     7.
I treated myself to a haircut today.  This is about as girly as I get but there is something about going to a salon and spending 30 minutes getting pampered that just makes your day! 

Have a blessed day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment