Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful, Blessed, Grateful

The last couple of weeks several friends on Facebook have been listing what they are thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving.  I decided to make one big list and to post on here. 

I am thankful for....
  • God.  Without Him there would be nothing.  I am grateful everyday for His presence.  I am thankful for His providing for my needs.  I am thankful to be able to go to Him in my prayers and devotions.  I am thankful for His word.  I am grateful that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for my sins. 
  • a husband that loves me without any hesitation.  A husband that does laundry, cooks, does the dishes, etc.  A husband that will take care of me when I am sick.  A husband that puts his family before anything else.  A husband that my children want to spend every waking minute with.  A husband that knows when I need a break and will take the kids so I can have the house to myself.  A husband that after 13 years and two kids later still thinks I am beautiful. 
  • a son that has a heart of gold and an infectious smile.  A son that has all the book smarts in the world but has no common sense.  A son that still kisses me goodbye (as long as no one is around).  A son that looks and acts like his father but is a 'Momma's boy'.  A son that gives a 110% on the ballfield and not because his dad is the coach because he wants to be a better player.  He is a sensitive soul that I truly believe will grow up to take in every stray animal that he finds.
  • a daughter that is assertive, independent, and quick-witted.  A daughter that makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes but also makes me laugh out loud everyday.  A daughter that is smart in every sense of the way but will only show it when she wants to.  A daughter that looks and acts just like me but has her Daddy wrapped around her finger.  A daughter that has an adult I will find comfort in knowing that she will be able to handle herself.
  • parents that love me unconditionally.  Parents that will drop everything in a moments notice to help me out.  Parents that will give me their opinions and advice but also respect my decisions.  Parents that love my children and would give all they have for them.  Parents that I can joke with, laugh with, and cry with.
  • family.  All of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sister-in-laws, cousins, etc.  Family that we can share stories and recall memories with.  Family that I get to see at dinners and parties.  As I have said before I love family get-togethers and it is because of who they are.  Family that I may not be blood related to but treat me like I am.  Family that I haven't seen in years but feels like it was only yesterday.
  • friends.  For friends that will call me out on my crap and help me be a better person.  Friends that I can continue to learn from.  Friends that we can look back at memories and laugh, cringe, blush, or do all three.  Friends that will watch my children, teach my children, and be second parents to my children.  Friends that know all my secrets and keep it that way.  Friends that I had lost contact with but can reconnect with like no time had ever passed. 
  • my jobs.  I am blessed to have two jobs that I enjoy.  One job that I get to be around children all day and to be witness to their milestones and their happiness.  Another job that I get to talk and work with parents so that they will stay involved in their child's life.  Jobs that give me flexibility and understanding so that I can be with my own children when I am needed.  Jobs with understanding bosses that allow me to vent my frustrations to them.  Jobs that give me great employees and awesome co-workers.  Jobs that provide me with funny moments, great stories, and a chance to help others.
  • electricity.  How did people survive without it?  Seriously. 
  • indoor plumbing.  Do you know how fortunate we are not to have to walk outside in sub-zero temperatures to pee in the middle of the night? 
  • my health.  There are people out there today that are suffering from cancer, heart problems, etc.  I am fortunate that I am able to get out of bed and go to work everyday.
  • Diet coke.  It is my saving grace some days!  Yes I am addicted and I really don't care to get over the addiction.
  • Chocolate.  It just makes things better.
  • My dogs.  They drive me nuts and seriously think one of them has ADD.  However, who else will cuddle up with you just minutes after you smack them for pooping on the floor?
  • Reality TV.  I know its stupid, I know it is everywhere.  But I really see no difference in watching Real Housewives then watching a football game.  They both have actually happened and there is usually some sort of physical contact.
  • clothes.  Because would you really want to see everyone walking around without them?  Some people just need to have them on at all times.
  • Kenny Chesney.  His songs are great.  Plus he is soooo very cute!  And yes I know he is bald but I really don't look at the top of his head much anyway.
  • Sharpie markers and pens.  I just like them.
  • Restaurants.  Because I don't like to cook so I am grateful there are places to go to eat when I really don't feel like cooking.
  • Laptop computers.  I can go anywhere and play on it.  I can sit on the couch all day long and still be able to play on Facebook and Twitter because my laptop is right beside me.
  • Cameras.  I thoroughly enjoy going through old pictures and reliving memories.  I enjoy old photos from my birth through childhood.  Those awkward junior high and high school pictures.  The high school dances and what were we thinking with those clothes?  The engagement pictures.  The wedding pictures. The pregnancy pictures.  The first smiles, first birthdays, the first day of school.  And yes...Craig.  I intend to take a picture of the first day of school up until they go to college. 
  • People that have a sense of humor and that I can be a smartalic to.  Nothing is better than being able to smart off to people and they get the joke and smart back.  I love talking smack.  I may not be very good at it, but I still try to get a few zingers in.  So, if you talk or chat with me and I pipe something off that may not be proper, more than likely it is a joke so please take it in stride.
  • text messaging.  I have recently became addicted to it.  It is nice to be able to send a quick message to give information without trying to get in contact verbally with them.  It is nice that I can yell at my husband through text messaging and not have to hear the response.  It is nice that I can send a quick "thinking about you " message to and even nicer to receive the "thinking of you" messages back.
I really could continue because I am sure that there are things that I have forgotten at the moment.  Everyday I say thanks for something.  It may be a very minimal thing but I am thankful.  So even though this is the season to be thankful please remember to be thankful every day and not just during the holiday season.  Thank God everyday for something.  Thank Him for starting a new day.  Thank Him for the toothpaste you were able to buy to brush your teeth.  Thank Him for the job that you may not like but that at least you have.  Thank Him for the family that drives you crazy but you know has your back.  Thank Him!!!!  It is because of Him that I am thankful, I am blessed, and I am grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment