Sunday, November 1, 2009

Father and Son


Dalton was 4 years old when Craig took him on his first hunting trip.  It has been  non-stop since then.  Every Fall the boys head out to hunt whatever animal they can.  Sometimes I think it is just to get away from the girls.  Dalton has always been about his Dad.  He has always followed Craig.  Wherever Craig is you can bet that Dalton is not far behind.  He has followed his interests, his mannerisms, and the same taste in food.  The softball teams that Craig plays on, Dalton becomes part of. 

This weekend was not to be any different when the boys headed out on Friday evening to my parent's house.  They spent the night so they could get up and head out early to go duck hunting.  On Saturday Megan and I decided we would venture up to my parent's house and enjoy lunch with everyone.  We spent the afternoon riding the four-wheeler and talking.  The boys left in the middle of the afternoon to continue hunting as Megan and I headed out to a local pumpkin patch.  After the pumpkin patch it was trick-or-treat time. 


As I was posting pictures this weekend onto my Facebook page, I realized that Dalton was not in any of them.  Why?  Then it hit me.  Like a ton of bricks.  He's growing up and too fast.  He is in that phase where he doesn't want his picture taken so none were taken while we were riding the four-wheeler.  He chose to go hunting rather than go to the pumpkin patch or trick-or-treating. 

As time flies by me it makes me a little teary that he doesn't do the traditional Halloween kid activities anymore.  Then I have to realize, he could be choosing to hang out with the wrong type of kids or chose to sit inside and play on his Playstation.  But he chooses his Dad.  I couldn't be happier that they are developing that relationship and tradition that will last a lifetime.  And as Mom, I guess if I want pictures of Dalton then I'm going to have to teach Craig how to use the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment