I have been really bad about updating my blog lately so I am just now getting to it so here it goes....
A couple of weeks ago my friend Maggie awarded me a blog award! How exciting!!!
I'm not sure I can come up with 7 quick takes to list but its worth a shot to try. I apologize ahead of time if you end up falling asleep before you finish reading this entry.
1. Recently at my main job I had several different employee positions become open. I had my HR department place an ad in the paper. Because the economy and job market SUCKS I wasn't at all surprised when we had several people apply for the positions. I was surprised however when I interviewed five different people and four of them I ended up hiring. Typically when I am doing these interviews I end up chosing the 'best of the worst' candidate so I was thankful when I had options and qualified people to hire.
2. My kids received their grade cards this week. I am more than happy to report that they both did awesome. Dalton is in 5th grade and made the all A Honor Roll as well as Principal Honor Roll (which means he had all straight A's). Megan is in Kindergarten so her grade card does not give a grade but more tells if she is mastering skills. At the end of last quarter she was hitting almost all the skills so it was not a surprise that she is still doing well and has progressed in those areas that she hadn't mastered last time.
3. My husband, Craig, never ceases to amaze me! For all the flack I give him I have to give credit where credit is due. He steps up and does whatever is needed. Last Saturday as I sat lazily in the recliner all day long he battled the laundry. All week as he walked into the door from work, I was walking out the door to my second job. He fixed supper, did dishes, made sure homework and baths were done. I am blessed!
4. This week has been a rough week personally. The guilt is getting the better of me. I feel guilty everytime I have to step out the door to go to another job. Whether it is making my kids get up before the sun comes up so that I can rush to work. Or picking my kids up from school and immediately going back to work and sticking them in a preschool classroom so that I can cover for staff that have called in for the day. Then this week I discovered that I have a prior work commitment the same night that Megan's Kindergarten class is having a Valentine's Program. I am blessed to have awesome co-workers that are willing to cover me so I can attend but sometimes that doesn't help the guilt.
5. Anxiety is also stepping in full force. I have and probably always will be a worry wart. However, the last couple of weeks it has gotten worse. I worry about little things in the house breaking down: the furnace, the washer, the refrigerator, etc. I worry about Craig's job. He is having a rough time grasping some of the training and procedures. He is worried that if he doesn't pick it up he isn't going to be there long. So now we are both worrying. I worry that the car is going to break down. So then I wonder if we should trade it off before we end up spending money we don't have to fix it.
6. Stress is causing some physical aliments. I am sick to my stomach most days. I am positive it is from one of my jobs but I can't quit (and don't know if I really want to).
7. The last quick take is the best though. It makes all of the above go away. My Lord and Savior! I have spent ALOT of time in my Bible this week. I have woke up early just so I can have 15-20 minutes of quiet time with my Bible before heading out for the day. I know that He has a plan for me, for Craig, and for the kids. So I am seeking His wisdom more and more.
I apologize for being a 'Debbie Downer' in my takes. I think that is part of the reason why I haven't posted in awhile. I don't like to be negative, let alone put it out there for a pity party. But I also know that prayers and talking about it is better than bottling it up. I know how blessed I am. I am blessed every morning to wake up to a husband that loves me, two children that I adore, two jobs that provide for our needs, parents that love me unconditionally, and so many more things. I promise next week my 7 takes will be more positive and maybe a tad bit more exciting (maybe)! ;-)