Friday, September 18, 2009

Here it goes...

Here it goes…

The last few weeks I have contemplated on starting a journal, diary, and/or blog. I know, I know…everyone has a blog. I thought the same thing. How can I write a blog when people I know are starting one everyday? Will they think I am copying them? Will it come off as stupid? Will anyone actually read it?

As I sit here in the middle of the night I realized something. I can’t sleep. I can’t sleep because lately, I have had constant thoughts swirling inside my head. So…maybe, just maybe, if I jot down some of those thoughts it would help me sleep.

As with any first time blog I will give you a little background information. I am a 36 years old. I have been married to my husband, Craig, for the last 11 years. We have two children, Dalton and Megan. I work full-time as well as part-time. In other words, I have two jobs. All of these will at some point or another will be the focus of my blog.

I imagine my blog will be a little bit of everything from my life. You will find out that it probably will center a lot on children, and not necessarily mine. There may be times when I talk about my marriage, my job, my new spiritual findings, or just random thoughts or frustrations. My hope is that, if nothing else, someone can relate to my entries and we can connect with each other. I have a friend who VERY recently started a blog that said, “So please, bare with me. Please don't think I'm an attention-whore. This is how I express myself.” (Maggie, I hope you don’t mind me quoting you!) My choice is not to get attention, its not to force my opinion onto anyone, it simply is to express myself.

Now on to the name…

Upon sitting down and trying to think of a name for my blog I became stumped. Then I started thinking about things that I do or things I say that would spark my imagination. Then it came to me. Every night I get the honorable privilege of taking my kids to bed. They climb in bed; I tuck them in, kiss them, and then say, “Goodnight PudPop! I love you!” ( In case your wondering, PudPop is short for Pudding Pop.) What better way to finish a day than to write down my thoughts, kiss them goodnight, and send them off with a “Goodnight PudPop.” I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment